I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-07 16:48:29

Jad

Rebuildsoundcache Error

Whenever I attempt to rebuild it, it will work fine, but if I quit the game, it stops working the next time I come back. The instructions said that I should only have to do it once, so what am I doing wrong?

#2 2010-06-07 17:05:57

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Rebuildsoundcache Error

That's a very good question and I has absolutely no idea why it would do that.
Maybe others will have a better idea of what's going on.

#3 2010-06-07 18:34:16

Dirka_Dirka

you have multiple custom campaigns with custom sound. perhaps theres some overlap, but i doubt that is it. so for the same reason you have to disable customs to restore things like particle systems, you are going to have to disable the custom that is interfering with your audio.

i believe there is a workaround (i havent fully done it yet myself so i dont know how well it works).. but it requires that you extract all the custom sounds from the campaigns (with gcfscape) and copy them into a folder in addons (so you end up with 2 copies of the audio to avoid rebuilding the cache).

so far, all i have done is:
to create folder addon_sound in addons
create folder sound in addon_sound
create file addoninfo.txt (in addon_sound) with contents:
"AddonInfo"
{
    addonSteamAppID            500
    addontitle                "Addon Sound Cache"
    addonversion            1.0
    addonauthor             "Not Valve"
    addonDescription         "Addon Sound Cache v1.0"
    addonContent_Sound         1
    addonContent_Music        1
}

with just the above, you will see "Addon Sound Cache" in extras.
what is next for me to do is:
in the sound folder, copy the extracted audio.. do another snd_rebuildaudio and this time it should stay cached until/unless you delete the folder.

in this case it would be the entire ihatemountains folder which is about 52 megs.

the difference for l4d1 and 2, is addonSteamAppID 500 or 550

#4 2010-06-08 21:43:02

Jad

I tried that but it didn't work. First I trade taking just the music files. Nothing. Then I tried the entire folders (EX: ihatemountains. Just that) Nothing.

#5 2010-06-14 17:15:18

NykO18
Administrator
Website

As the snd_rebuildaudiocache command is part of the game itself and not our project, there's nothing more we can do to help you.
I'm closing this to update our progress.

Board footer