I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-07 11:58:42

mblade

ERROR sign

hello, how to disable random "error" signs on the map ? first sign is near lamp where there is info, what to do, i disabled other addons, but there is still error hmm and when chopter crash, then there is a lot of "error" signs

#2 2010-06-07 13:26:34

Cameron:D
Website

Re: ERROR sign

That is strange. If you just put the VPK file into the addons folder it should work. The error signs appear because it can't find a model - but they are there.

#3 2010-06-07 16:40:26

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Could you be playing it under Left 4 Dead 2 by any chance? Or it might be because you don't have the Crash Course update for Left 4 Dead 1. The later seems most likely.

#4 2010-06-07 20:05:20

xDay**

With some friends, we tried to run the campaign on L4D2, it needs the AddOn Support. One of my friends got many ERROR signs like you because he did not instal it. 
(Of course, the game crashed before the end of the first map).

#5 2010-06-09 21:38:48

Boomstick

I downloaded the VPK from fileplanet and shared it with several friends here at work.

We all had this problem.  All non-special infected were replaced with the word "ERROR" on all of our machines.  I just reinstalled L4D1 on this brand new computer just to play this map so I know it wasn't the install.  The others had their L4D client installed for a while.

We noticed that there was a new file in all of our L4D1 addon folders:
DEADAI~1.VPK    239,561 KB   Source Game Addon    2/19/2010

We couldn't delete this file until we exited L4D1. 

We ended up deleting both the i hate mountains VPK file and this new DEADAI~1 VPK file and then downloaded the map from a different location.  Now it works perfectly fine and there is no weird named file in the addon folder.

It's possible something went corrupt with the zip from fileplanet that does this.  Hopefully this info can help you fix your problem smile

#6 2010-06-10 01:06:10

phombus

I too have the error sign with certain models and textures. I'm attempting a re-download of the vpk and going to use Steam to verify L4d1 integrity. Will update with the results.

Btw, excellent work on the campaign...keep it up!

Update: Verifying the integrity of the game cache showed I needed 4 files re-downloaded. No more error signs or missing textures!

Last edited by phombus (2010-06-10 02:00:05)

#7 2010-06-10 12:44:33

NykO18
Administrator
Website

phombus wrote:

Update: Verifying the integrity of the game cache showed I needed 4 files re-downloaded. No more error signs or missing textures!

Excellent news!

Board footer