I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-07 21:53:10

lamaslany

Engine Error | ED_Alloc: no free edicts

##########################
# I HATE MOUNTAINS       #
# LEFT 4 DEAD 1 CAMPAIGN #
# VERSION 1.1            #
##########################

Running Left 4 Dead 1 on Windows 7 x64.  Hardware exceeds recommendation.

On my first run through the game crashed to the desktop with the following error:

Title: Engine Error
Body:  ED_Alloc: no free edicts
Button: [OK]

http://i49.tinypic.com/2gvo3zc.png

I had pulled the lever to trigger the crescendo event in the Lumberyard, exited to stand outside on the tracks immediately outside the room with the lever when I was jumped by a hunter.  I was summarily mobbed by the regular infected and died.  At the moment I died there was a slight audio stutter (I apologise - I cannot recall which audio file stuttered) and then L4D crashed to the desktop.

Regardless I just want to congratulate you all on an excellent L4D campaign.  I really to appreciate the time and effort you have invested in this - it is without a doubt the most polished add-on campaign I have come across.  It was definitely worth re-installing L4D for!

#2 2010-06-07 22:50:33

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Engine Error | ED_Alloc: no free edicts

This is because the map is slightly too complicated for the game engine and being killed sometimes triggers an unexplained peak of entities created that make the game crash. So far, this is really strange and we're trying to simplify things more and more.

#3 2010-06-07 23:19:43

lamaslany

That is fair enough!

I have just completed the campaign so I will consider the workaround for now to be:  suck less and don't die!  smile

#4 2010-06-07 23:47:03

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Lol, we'll still try to simplify a few things to make it more stable.

#5 2010-06-09 21:34:22

CosmicD

could you maybe add a few area portals ? not maybe in the woods but to block off rendering the inside of the manor too soon or something..

#6 2010-06-09 23:17:12

NykO18
Administrator
Website

CosmicD wrote:

could you maybe add a few area portals ? not maybe in the woods but to block off rendering the inside of the manor too soon or something..

This thread is about the lumberyard, not the manor.
Adding areaportals would only make the problem worse in this case.
Also, there's already something like 80 areaportals in the manor level, we can't add more.

#7 2010-06-14 17:16:13

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Fixed in the the development version.
Will be effective from the 1.2 release.

Board footer