I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-07-20 16:14:29

Wildo

Fresh, Innovative, and Exciting - Did what Golden Eye did for the N64.

I Hate Mountains has set a completely different playing experience to the original concept of L4D. In a way, it caters to the die hard fans of the early era of L4D (When it was designed under Turtle Rock). I believe Valve experimented with multiple paths once but decided to scrap it to cater to the mainstream audience. Which took the entire franchise into a more arcade, linear, shoot-em up game... but that's another rant.

The multiple routes gives players a choice, and choices are FUN. Instead of being herded like sheep thru a map, you encounter multiple crossroads and decide which way to go. We ended up splitting up once and i laughed as i watched the other 2 die as me and my partner barely struggle to the safe room (yes stick together all the time).

Detail, sound, lighting came together flawlessly to create a survivalistic atmosphere that will keep you coming back!

Brilliant map.

Only criticism is now you guys have to make more, more more!!

Last edited by Wildo (2010-07-20 18:06:00)

#2 2010-07-20 22:51:27

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Fresh, Innovative, and Exciting - Did what Golden Eye did for the N64.

He he, glad to hear such a positive criticism that hits all the major points we tried to emphasize through this campaign. It's a relief to see we succeeded where we wanted to succeed.

#3 2010-07-21 17:09:11

Wildo

So what is next on your guy's agenda?

#4 2010-07-21 18:34:23

NykO18
Administrator
Website

I Hate Mountains on L4D2 at some point... and then... I don't know. I'll stick with my real life for a while I guess. I don't know about the others.

#5 2010-07-21 19:01:30

Wildo

A long deserved break... nice.

Board footer