I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-09-04 11:23:50

Muksinator

snd_rebuildaudiocache is taking forever to load.

Hello guys, I just installed the campaign and I started to do the recommended steps for optimized experience. But after typing snd_rebuildaudiocache and hitting enter I'm waiting for... 20 minutes and it loads and it loads and it loads. Is that supposed to happen?

On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of Prelude and I was looking forward to the campaign. Hope I'll get to play it today. smile

#2 2010-09-04 14:37:10

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: snd_rebuildaudiocache is taking forever to load.

Well, the process sure is bonky. It can appear to load forever even if it has already finished. If the game won't restart or close, just kill it with crtl+alt+suppr. Either it wasn't finished and it will restart it when you launch the game again, either it will work.

#3 2010-09-05 18:59:38

Muksinator

Well, I left it and went to watch a movie in the other room. 2 hours ago it wasn't finished. So I killed the process for the second time and now I'm gonna play the campaign without using the command.

#4 2010-09-09 17:30:20

CosmicD

if you are doing it in the main menu you wil see a progress bar, if you have the console enabled and you see the loading bar full , just press the console and type quit...

Board footer